Why Choose Us
Looking for the best value for your gold and silver?
When it comes to buying, selling, refining and recycling precious metals, Vancouver Gold is the among the leading, trusted authorities in the industry. Vancouver Gold is leading the way by providing a trusted, solid tradition of ethical practices, information and education as well as unparalleled service to each and every customer and client.
Vancouver Gold is a Canadian owned and operated business, dedicated to the highest level of integrity and client satisfaction. As the first BC Lower Mainland based gold buyer to be accredited by the Better Business Bureau, Vancouver Gold has committed to upholding a high level of business ethics and transparency.
Just a few reasons why our valued clients choose Vancouver Gold over other local competitors or Mail-in Cash for Gold companies:
- Price – clear and transparent with no hidden fees, highest payouts around – guaranteed
- Easy access – 4 locations, including Broadway, 2 blocks east of the Broadway/City Hall Canada Line station, with ample street parking
- Drop in service at all our locations – available without appointment!
- Accuracy – we use the industries most state of the art testing and equipment
- Trust – friendly and in person, involving you in every step, BBB accredited business
- Privacy – discrete professional office
- Free assessment – you decide which items you want to sell and there is no commitment
- No fees
|Vancouver Gold||The Competition|
|Price||We always pay over 70% and for some items we pay up to 98% of the value for your gold.||Sometimes pay you less than 20% the value of your gold.|
|Quantity||We will buy any amount of gold or silver with no fees – no matter how small||Have minimum quantity restrictions and fees.|
|Weight||We pay you based on the actual weight of your gold and we are honest with the karat number of your gold.||Round down to the nearest gram and value your gold for less than its actual karats.|
|Sales Process||Visit our office near downtown Vancouver, no appointment required to sell gold in Vancouver. We are open 9-6 Monday – Friday, 10-4 Saturdays and 11-4 Sundays. Sunday by appointment.||Require you to send your valuable gold by MAIL (often to the U.S.) and will typically only insure up to $100|
|Sale Offer||No-obligation offer given, based on gold weight and purity tests (conducted with you present)||Cheque mailed to you. If you are unhappy with the offer,you must return the cheque quickly and pay for your gold to be returned.|
|Payment||By cheque immediately.||Cheque sent in the mail, usually in 2 weeks.|
|Precious stones||We pay the highest prices for diamonds.||Charge to remove or don’t return gemstones.|
|Customer satisfaction||Our main priority. Our business succeeds because of return customers and referrals.||Frequent complaints to the Better Business Bureau.|
Vancouver Gold is dedicated to providing honest and transparent service with the highest payouts in the industry. Everything is done right in front of the customers so that they can be involved in every step, and payments are made in person, on-the-spot. We publish our payout rates every day and they are the rates we actually pay!
Tips For Selling Your Gold
- Avoid buyers who refuse to post prices, especially pawns shops and jewellery stores. They frequently offer unreasonably low prices if they suspect a customer doesn’t know the value of their gold.
- Make sure you know the weight of your items, in grams, before visiting a gold buyer. Then, you will know if their offer is fair. Education is your best protection! Without a scale you can use quarters or loonies as a reference. Quarters weigh 4grams and loonies weigh 7 grams.
- We encourage you to shop around for price and are confident that you will return to us to sell. We have yet to find higher offers in Vancouver. Should you have other written quotes before you arrive, you will find our payouts higher and, if not, we will match the price PLUS 50% of the difference with our 150% guarantee.
- Read small print carefully. Many sellers advertise their prices only for customers who sell more than $10,000 worth of gold. If you are selling less than this quantity, they will pay you much less.
- Be wary of any buyer who tells you price ranges, but refuses to commit to a specific price. If they tell you they are paying “$8 – $14 per gram”, you can be assured that you will be offered a poor price after an unpleasant negotiation.